Subscribe with Bloglines Greg's Photo Diary - the 365 project: Double Collared Sunbird 69:365

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Double Collared Sunbird 69:365

I am really surprisd at this picture. I did not think that it was going to be this sharp with as much detail.

We had spent a lovely day in the Drakensberg and had done a 3 hour hike around the surrounding mountains. After having a quick nap, then swim in the reservoir and grabiing something to eat I thought I would take a few pics of the birds in the camp.

Unfortunately the light was pretty poor (see day 69 alternative) and these guys don;t exactly move slowly and stay still for long. My Sigma 120-400 is a good lens but not great in poor light!.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with the result. Please see the other one I have posted and let me know which is better.

No comments: