Subscribe with Bloglines Greg's Photo Diary - the 365 project: Christ Church Spitalfields 61:365

Monday 15 March 2010

Christ Church Spitalfields 61:365

Until recently, I was a serial "shoot on Auto" photographer... if you can call that being a photographer. Anyway, since starting this 365, my camera has stayed on Manual the whole time and my photography and understanding of how the camera and lens works have improved massively.

So today was the first day I thought I had lost a shot because of having my camera in manual. I think I would have got the shot in camera if I had checked my white balance settings. I adjusted the white balance, but the sunlight on the church had changed.

Luckily I shot in raw and instead of just opening in photoshop as a JPG I opened it in Raw and adjusted the White balance from there, revealing the shot that I wanted to capture.

Is this cheating or am I just starting to use more of the tools at my disposal?

No comments: