Subscribe with Bloglines Greg's Photo Diary - the 365 project: A bit of Photoshop Magic

Saturday 11 October 2008

A bit of Photoshop Magic




OK a little bit of cheating, but I wanted to give it a whirl.

This comes courtesy of Scott Kelby again.

Anyway, was going to go and take a slow shutter shot of the London Eye, but got side tracked by the football. At the end of the game, I looked out the window and saw a rather large 3/4 moon. Grabbed my trusty tripod - I think my next investment is going to be a decent one- and set up with my d90 and 18-105vr. Didn't bother to read Scott's directions properly and got horrific results.

Also found that I had to use my remote and that helped. Anyway, got the settings right and put my 120-400mm on and things improved. PLayed around with the iso setting and got some great results.

So there is the picture of the moon I took tonight, a picture of St Paul's taken last year and then a combination of the two. I followed a tutorial from Scott's website. Note the positioning of the moon to cover the dirt I had missed on my sensor.

Well, not bad for a first effort. Yes??

1 comment:

Mike said...

It looks nice. I love pictures of the moon. Not too many blogs with them.