Subscribe with Bloglines Greg's Photo Diary - the 365 project: I nearly didn't make it on holiday.

Monday 16 April 2007

I nearly didn't make it on holiday.



On monday night before I left, I got home and decided to put my holiday cash in my passport. To my dismay, my passport did not expire in October, but infact expired on the 14th of April, the day I was supposed to fly home.

A sleepless night followed, but after many telephone calls later to SAA, my parents in South Africa, The home office in Durban, Immigration at JHB Airport and a few others I was at least told I would be allowed on the flight to South Africa but would not be allowed back.

It was up to me to apply for and get a new passport in under two weeks in south africa, with the Easter weekend in the middle. A bit of a tall order.

Anyway, more of the trip to follow. Here are two shots I took in my parents garden. I would like to thank Beth Ellen for giving me some advice on macro photography. Check out her website by clicking her name.

See you tomorrow

G

2 comments:

Beth Ellen Nagle said...

Macros are looking good. I Like the composition in the first one and both have decent detail. :)

Greg Smith said...

Thanks Beth Ellen. I am working on them.