Subscribe with Bloglines Greg's Photo Diary - the 365 project: Any of you have the new Macbook??

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Any of you have the new Macbook??


I don't know what to do.

The edge of my macbook is driving me mad. There is a double edge right near the trackpad. The bottom of the double edge is hard and sharp. When I use my trackpad, I rest my palm on the edge of the laptop, so it is easier to keep my fingers on the pad. After five minutes it really starts digging in to my hand and is very uncomfortable.

I have sent a complaint to the apple feedback link. I checked the forums and the only suggestion that I came across was to file or sand down the edge. Not ideal in my book and you will probably find it will invalidate my warrenty with apple.

Have any of you had the same problem??

See you tomorrow

G

4 comments:

Gideon said...

I had the same problem.. essentially all I can say is "you get used to it" or learn to hold your hand a different way. I'm not sure which I did, to be honest, but after having it since Dec. I don't think I've noticed it the last few months and I use it pretty much daily.

Anonymous said...

I pasted this trackpad cover similar to Marware's Protection Pack Plus for MacBook™. The sharp edges does not affect me anymore because i guess, my hands are on a slightly raised platform. Hope it will solve your problem

Anonymous said...

The edge seriously annoyed me. With much trepidation, I just filed the edge of my MacBook. I covered the keyboard and screen with a dish towel and covered the various ports and jacks with painter's tape. I used a very fine sandpaper (1000) at a 45 degree angle and went extremely slowly. I realize my warranty is now probably voided, but I just did it anyway, and it worked like a charm. People who say they've had one for a couple of months say that the edge eventually wears down. I just speeded up the process and saved my wrists.

Anonymous said...

I just went basic...gift-wrapper tape. Two layers. I'm travelling for a month, so no time for more elegant solutions. Seems to work. I'm sure I will have to replace the tape...and I don't know if the tape will mar the surface. But my wrists are happier. And it works for now.